DETROIT - Michigan is hosting a virtual career fair Wednesday.
The MiVirtualCareerFair runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
"Michigan businesses are growing and they're looking for top talent," said Amy Cell, Senior Vice President for Talent Enhancement at the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC). "MiVirtualCareerFair allows individuals from anywhere in the country to connect with Michigan employers, and provides busy business professionals an easy, cost-effective way to meet dozens of talented job seekers without ever leaving the office."
Within MiVirtualCareerFair, employers host exhibitor booths that include links to job postings, company profiles, employee benefits, and employer contact information, and allow job seekers to communicate one-on-one with company representatives. Post-event, employers receive in-depth analytics including candidate resumes, applications, chat transcripts, and booth visit data. All job openings posted during the fair will be accessible to participants for 30 days after the live event.
What you can do:
- Connect and interact with recruiters and business owners from wherever you are, avoiding the time and expense of traditional career fairs.
- Review available positions and submit resumes for multiple job listings.
- Meet and interact with other job seekers in the Networking Lounge.
- View informational videos in the Auditorium.
- Use Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to search for connections and update your status from within the event.
- To register, click here.
Participation is free for job seekers, who can register, view informational videos on the virtual environment, which is at michiganvirtualcareerfair.com.
- Who's hiring?
Computech Corporation- application, software, design and test engineers; user experience designers; mechanical engineers; warehouse industrial engineers; programmer analysts
- Dart Container Corporation - communications specialists; corporate trainers; financial analysts; accountants; governmental affairs manager; employee and organizational development director; IT professionals; engineers
- Exotic Automation & Supply - automation technician; sales representatives.
- Genemarkers LLC - lab manager; scientific business development reps.
- Nagase America Corporation - accounting/administration coordinator; sales and marketing managers; experience with Japanese language and culture preferred.
- Quicken Loans - mortgage bankers; account managers; accountants; business analysts; client relations; communications; software developers; controllers; marketing reps; graphic designers; trainers; HR and payroll reps; client relations reps; business developers; many internships
- State of Michigan - jobs in a variety of state departments.
- Telamon Corporation - center director; assistant teachers; food service manager; data entry; custodian; family services positions; teachers; bus drivers; secretary; health specialists
- TGW Systems - project manager; controls engineer; software engineer.
- Unique System Design, Inc - battery system, validation, test and diagnostics engineers; software engineers
- Workforce Software - project managers; implementation consultant; marketing managers; web developers; sales engineers; tech support engineers; software engineers
More virtual career fairs in 2013:
- Wednesday, April 24, 2013
- Wednesday, June 26, 2013
- Wednesday, August 28, 2013
- Wednesday, September 25, 2013
- Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.