Wednesday, October 3rd, metro Detroit restaurateurs are joining together for a fundraising to benefit fallen West Bloomfield Police Officer Patrick O’Rourke’s family.
Tables For Four, invites the public to dine out for lunch or dinner at participating restaurants that will donate 25 percent of their day’s proceeds to O’Rourke’s family.
West Bloomfield Police Officer Patrick O’Rourke was fatally shot on September 9th while responding to a call at a West Bloomfield home.
Chef Matthew Prentice is spearheading the effort after meeting with officials from the West Bloomfield Police Department who asked for his assistance with their efforts to support O’Rourke’s family. Prentice offered to help by doing a fundraiser at Detroit Prime and Morels, but realized that alone, his restaurant’s donation wouldn’t provide nearly the financial support the family will need.
"Having four children, I cannot imagine the grief — both emotional and financial — my death would have caused my family at the age 39,” said Prentice. “I have been supported by West Bloomfield (and metro Detroit) residents for over 30 years. It’s now time we support them.”
Participating restaurants :
· Detroit Prime, 32769 Northwestern Highway, Farmington Hills (248) 737-9600
· Morels, 32729 Northwestern Highway, Farmington Hills (248) 254-3840
· Bacco Ristorante, 29410 Northwestern Highway, Southfield (248) 356-6600
· Assaggi Bistro, 330 W. Nine Mile, Ferndale (248) 584-3499
· The Hill, 123 Kercheval Ave., Grosse Pointe Farms (313) 886-8101
For more information about the fundraiser or to view additional restaurants as they join the effort, go to www.mattprenticeculinaryexperience.com