Metallica bringing Orion Music fest to Detroit
Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers to play at 2-day music festival on Belle Isle in June
Metallica, the Red Hot Chili Peppers and two-dozen other acts have signed on to play at a two-day music festival in Detroit this June.
Organizers on Monday announced the lineup for the 2013 Orion Music + More Festival, which is to be held June 8-9 on Belle Isle, an island in the middle of the Detroit River.
The inaugural Orion Music + More was held last year in Atlantic City, N.J., with headliners Metallica, Arctic Monkeys and Avenged Sevenfold.
Metallica serves as a host for the event.
Other bands set to play the festival in Detroit include Rise Against, the Deftones and the Dropkick Murphys.
More Entertainment Headlines:
- Local 4 Style Editor on Oscar fashion hits
- The Onion sorry for Quvenzhane Wallis tweet
- 'The Pawscars': Pets recreate best films of 2013
- Biggest surprise of the night? Michelle Obama
- 'Argo' all the way
- Did James Franco blow his Daytona 500 intro?
- Daniel Day-Lewis makes Oscar history
- Jennifer Lawrence explains her Oscars fall
- Overheard backstage at the Oscars
- Detroit's 'Sugar Man' wins at Oscars
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.