DEARBORN, Mich. - Local 4's Rhonda Walker will emcee the awards presentation of the 18th Annual "Women and Leadership in the Workplace" Symposium and Awards program at the Henry in Dearborn.
The Michigan Business and Professional Association will honor women leaders at Tuesday's event.
The event is held to promote high professional standards, encourage leadership, provide education and assure equal advantages for women.
More than 500 women are expected to attend, organizers said.
The association said this year's honorees represent extraordinary professional women who have excelled in their chosen profession. They include:
- Alyssa Martina, Metro Parent
- Jayne Homco, Kroger-Michigan
- Loretta Davis, Institute for Population Health
- Donna Inch, Ford Land
- Kristina Marshall, Winning Futures
- Ann Thomas, WJR
- Shooting Stars (women under age 40): Clarinda Barnett-Harrison, MEDC; Erin O'Brien, Central Michigan University Research Corporation and Deidre Greene Groves, Challenge Detroit/The Collaborative Group.
"Today's women business leaders need to be recognized for their contributions to our economy," said Jennifer Kluge, MBPA president. "This year our honorees are great examples of how women are making an impact in Michigan, and we are pleased to give them the recognition they so richly deserve."
Registration for the event begins at 9 a.m. Tuesday followed by a lunch. The conference will run until 2 p.m.
Association members can purchase tickets for $90 and non-member tickets are available for $100. Organizers said admission includes all workshops and the awards lunch.
For more information, to register or learn about sponsorship opportunities, call 586-393-8800 or click here.
More in Community
- Detroit woman turns 109 years old
- Making a difference through music
- Meridian Winter Blast full of family fun activities
- Heart 2 Hart Detroit feeds lunches to needy
Copyright 2014 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.