What's new on the NAIAS app Friday
The official NAIAS app has the most up to date information on all things auto show. In fact, we've added several new must read and must see items including:
- Attendance remains strong for NAIAS 2013 - As we head into the weekend for the North American International Auto Show, the reported total for the NAIAS 2013 public days’ attendance is now 458,798, according to NAIAS. Thursday attendance: 45,124
- Engines to see at NAIAS - Maybe you're curious as to what is powering all of these new concept vehicles? View this slideshow that highlights some of the engines displayed at this year's auto show.
- NAIAS hosts Red Wings great Mickey Redmond - The Red Wings announcer stopped by the North American International Auto Show on Thursday to participate in the daily parade and to sign autographs for fans.
- Four things you have to see at 2013 NAIAS - This video features four fun things people can do at this year's auto show.
AT THE SHOW TODAY
- Detroit Tigers - Justin Verlander, Torii Hunter, Miguel Cabrera and Phil Coke will be answering fans' questions at NAIAS around 11:45 a.m.
- Erin Cummings - She will be coming to the auto show Thursday and Friday to also be in the parades and to sign autographs
WHAT TO LOOK FORWARD TO
- NAIAS 2013: Know before you go - This story will highlight directions, times, tickets, and more.
- Best of NAIAS 2013 - This story will highlight everything the auto show had to offer this year.
- Slideshows - Everyone loves slideshows! Here's what's in store: 2013 Buick Encore, Acura NSX concept, Cadillac ELR, GAC Group, Tigers at Auto Show
Download for your chance to win
Download the official NAIAS app and enter for your chance to win a $50 Amazon.com gift card!
This year's Auto Show at Cobo Center is expected to be one of the best in decades! You won't want to pass up an opportunity to have everything you need to make the experience the best it can be in the palm of your hand! 40 lucky people will receive one $50 Amazon.com gift card simply by entering to win. We will be choosing winners Jan. 23 through Jan. 29. Winners will be notified by email.
The NAIAS App is presented by the Detroit Auto Dealers Association (DADA) and WDIV-TV Local 4/ClickOnDetroit.com, and is available for free download in both the iPhone and Android platforms.
The Official NAIAS App is the most comprehensive way to view news and information on a mobile device about one of the world’s top auto shows. Users will be able to access breaking automotive news, photos and videos, and live-stream video coverage of the more than 50 vehicle unveilings planned for Detroit. Moving around inside Cobo Center will be easier thanks to the available show floor map, and useful practical information about the show, such as hours, parking and ticket prices.
The Official NAIAS App also features a virtual guide to the City of Detroit, including local restaurants and businesses, and weather forecasts and live radar provided by WDIV-TV Local 4/ClickOnDetroit.com. It will also interface with other Social Media platforms such as Twitter, where users can stream trending topics from #NAIAS. In addition to the latest NAIAS news from WDIV-TV Local 4 and ClickOnDetroit.com, the official news provider for the NAIAS App, the app will also provide links to respected news sources from around the world for the latest automotive news and information.
“We are delighted to partner with NAIAS in providing the news content for the Official NAIAS Mobile App to greatly enhance visitors enjoyment of this world class event,“ said Marla Drutz, VP and General Manager of WDIV-TV. “WDIV and Post-Newsweek Stations have always been a leader in innovation and our development of this app and partnership with the DADA is another illustration of that commitment to taking our award-winning news coverage to the next level.”
The Official NAIAS Mobile App is sponsored exclusively by Oakland University, and was developed for the NAIAS and WDIV-TV by WaPo Labs, a digital development team focused on emerging technologies at The Washington Post, in cooperation with PNS Digital, the digital media team of Post-Newsweek Stations, Inc.
Dates and Times
Saturday, January 19 - Saturday, January 26, 2013?
9 a.m. - 10 p.m. (no admittance after 9 p.m.)
Sunday, January 27, 2013
9 a.m. - 7 p.m. (no admittance after 6 p.m.)
Early access for handicapped individuals at 8 a.m.
Enter at the Oakland Hall Entrance.
About the North American International Auto Show
Now in its 25th year as an international event, the NAIAS is among the most prestigious auto shows in the world, providing unparalleled access to the automotive products, people and ideas that matter most - up close and in one place. Administered by Executive Director Rod Alberts, the NAIAS is one of the largest media events in North America, and the only auto show in the United States to earn an annual distinguished sanction of the Organisation Internationale des Constructeurs d'Automobiles, the Paris-based alliance of automotive trade associations and manufacturers from around the world.
About WDIV-TV / Post-Newsweek Stations
WDIV-TV Local 4 News is the #1 newscast at 4 p.m., 5 p.m., 6 p.m. and 11 p.m. in Nielsen ratings for the Detroit television market, and Local 4 News at 11 p.m. is the #1 newscast of all NBC affiliates in the top 11 markets nationwide. In addition, Local 4’s www.ClickOnDetroit.com and www.JustWeather.com are leading breaking news and weather websites in Michigan. WDIV-TV’s parent company, Post-Newsweek Stations, is owned by The Washington Post Company (NYSE: WPO), a diversified education and media company.