Do you dream of seeing your name in lights? This could be your big break! Cedar Point’s Live Entertainment Division will host open auditions from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. this Friday, Jan. 4, in the Live Entertainment Office as it searches for fresh faces to delight guests in the 2013 season. Cedar Point’s Live Entertainment Division has earned more than two dozen Big E Awards, presented by the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAPPA) for excellence in live entertainment. The park has seven live show venues and has been named the Best Amusement Park in the World for 15 consecutive years.
Available positions include:
- Performers: singers, dancers
- Musicians: fiddle and utility players, electric and acoustic guitars, bass guitars, keyboards, drummers/percussionists, trumpets, trombones, tubas, sousaphones, and saxophones;
- Technicians: stage managers, sound and light technicians, stage crews, ushers, costume shop personnel and dressers;
- Actors: improvisational and character actors
- PEANUTS characters: costumed characters and escorts
- Karaoke hosts and DJs
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age by May 2013 to audition. Each audition song selection should be limited to 16-32 bars. Actors should prepare a 60-second family-park appropriate monologue. Applicants should select music that is upbeat and illustrates their personality and ability to interact with audience members. A CD player and piano will be available, but other instruments and amplifiers will not be provided. Interested applicants should bring a one-page resume with references to the audition. Reporting dates run from late April to early September. Check the website at www.cedarpoint.com/auditions for more details and downloadable songs that can be used for the audition.
Auditions are also scheduled from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the following dates in 2013: Feb. 1, March 1 and April 5.
Those who cannot audition in person can send audio and/or videotape with a resume to: Cedar Point Live Entertainment, One Cedar Point Drive, Sandusky, OH 44870-5259.