DETROIT - Do you have a great singing voice and are looking to show it off? Local 4 is looking for really great vocalists!
Beginning May 13, singers can show off their talents on ClickOnDetroit.com's contest page for a chance to sing live at the fireworks along the Detroit Riverfront on June 24.
If you have the talent, show us and you could sing live on TV in front of hundreds of thousands of viewers.
To enter the contest, upload a video of you stating your name and sing any song of your choice. Please try to keep the video under two minutes.
Auditions will take place from May 13 to May 22. Only a cappella entries will be accepted.
Click here to enter our contest today!
Super Singer Frequently Asked Questions
1. HOW OLD DO I HAVE TO BE TO AUDITION? You must be at least 7 years of age as of May 1, 2013 to audition for SUPER SINGER. Remember, if you are under 18 you must have a parent or legal guardian submit your audition video on your behalf.
2. WHAT IF I AM UNDER 18? CAN I STILL AUDITION? Yes, anyone that is 7 years or older as of May 1, 2013 may audition for SUPER SINGER. If you or are under 18 as of the date of your audition, you must have a parent or legal guardian submit your audition video on your behalf.
3. WHAT IF I AM PART OF A GROUP? We are only auditioning solo artists.
4. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO INCLUDE ON MY AUDITION VIDEO? Please state your first and last name, the title of the song that you will be singing in your video and then sing your song! Please make sure that the total length of your audition video is no more than 2 minutes. Songs should be performed acapella, with no backing tracks.
5. WHEN WILL I FIND OUT IF I AM SELECTED? The time period to submit your online auditions starts at 6:00a. Eastern Time ("ET") on May 13, 2012 and expires 11:59 p.m. ET on May 22, 2013. If you are selected, a producer from LOCAL 4 will contact you via phone or email by 11:59pm Monday, May 27, 2013 for a callback audition.
6. HOW WILL I FIND OUT IF I AM SELECTED? If you are selected to move forward to the callback round, you will be contacted by a producer from LOCAL 4 via phone or email. When submitting your audition video, you will be asked to provide contact information so that producers can reach you. Please double check that all of your contact details are accurate.
7. WHAT IF I AM SELECTED? If you are selected to move forward, you will be contacted by a producer from LOCAL 4. Callback auditions will be scheduled for Tuesday, May 28, 2013. If you are a minor in your state of residence, your parent or legal guardian must accompany you to any audition callback and must also arrange for his/her own travel.
8. WHERE WILL MY CALLBACK TAKE PLACE? If you are selected to move forward, you will be contacted by a producer from LOCAL 4 via phone or email. The producer will let you know the location of the callback as well as the time and date of your callback audition.
9. HOW MANY TIMES CAN I SUBMIT A VIDEO? You may only submit one audition video.
10. CAN I USE PRE-EXISTING VIDEO OF MYSELF SINGING? You may not submit a pre-existing video. Your video must be submitted via a flash webcam recorder only.
11. HOW MANY TIMES CAN I SUBMIT A VIDEO? You may only submit one audition video for the 2013 SUPER SINGER CONTEST.
12. CAN I SING MY OWN ORIGINAL SONG? You may sing any original song but we'd prefer you sing a cover.
13. CAN I SING ANY PART OF THE SONG? Yes, you may sing any part of a song.
14. CAN I AUDITION WITH BACKGROUND MUSIC? You may not perform with any noticeable accompanying music. Your performance must be a cappella.
15. HOW LONG SHOULD MY SONG PERFORMANCE BE? It is up to you to decide how short or long your singing performance will be so long as your performance is no longer than the designated time limit of 2 minutes (including a 30 second introduction that includes your name, the title of the song that you will be singing in your video and your age).
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.