Detroit - When time is a problem, these simple bar cookies deliver a quick-turnaround. Tina Miller, Meijer Healthy Living Advisor shares her recipe for Layered Cranberry Cheesecake Bars.
2 cups unsifted White Whole Wheat flour (fluff flour with spoon before measuring)
1 1/2 cups Meijer oats
3/4 cup plus 1 Tablespoon firmly packed Meijer brown sugar
1 cup Land O'Lakes Spreadable butter with canola oil
1 8-oz. package Meijer reduced-fat cream cheese (not fat free)
1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk (Not evaporated milk)
1/4 cup ReaLemon Lemon Juice from concentrate
2 Tbls Meijer Cornstarch
1 16-oz. can Meijer whole cranberry sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixer bowl, combine flour, oats 3/4 cup sugar, mix well. Add spreadable butter and mix until crumbly. Reserve 1 1/2 cup of crumb mixture. Press remainder of crumb mixture firmly on the bottom of a greased 13x9 inch baking pan. Bake 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Add lemon juice and mix until well blended. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over baked crust.
4. Mix cornstarch and 1 Tablespoon brown sugar in a small mixing bowl. Add cranberry sauce and mix well. Spread evenly over the top of the cream cheese mixture.
5. Top with reserved crumb mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 40 minutes, until golden. Cool and store in refrigerator. Makes 24 to 36 bars.