Tune in at 6 a.m. for a special edition of Local 4 News Morning live from the event.
The Komen Detroit Race helps low-income, uninsured and under-served women and men in Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties access lifesaving breast cancer screenings and treatment services.
7 a.m.: Street closures begin; on-site registration starts; all booths open
8 a.m.: Opening Ceremony honoring survivors and the memory of lost loved ones
9 a.m.: 5K Run, followed by 5K Walk and 1-Mile Walk
10:30 – 11:30 a.m.: Closing Ceremony with runner and team awards
What You'll See:
- Children's Activities Area
- 10,000 pink ribbons and WSU ArtsCorps Detroit figures
- 22 bands/entertainment groups
- Pink carpet-runway for Survivors
- Warriors in Pink Drummers, powered by Ford
- Ford Warriors in Pink interactive trailer
- Memorial Site – ArtsCorps Detroit communal art
- Survivor Café and Survivor Trolley
- Numerous sponsor giveaways
- Shop for the Cure®
- Warriors in Pink apparel
- New Balance Lace up for the Cure® gear
- Opening Ceremony hosted by Lila Lazarus
- Closing Ceremony with runner and team awards
Can't make the big event? Donate online here.
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.