DETROIT - The American Red Cross is in urgent need of type O-negative and B-negative blood donations, and are holding blood drives at Gardner-White locations to help.
On Thursday, Jan. 24th, seven Gardner-White locations will host the blood drives.
Those locations include:
- Auburn Hills: 11am - 7:45pm 4445 N. Atlantic Blvd. Auburn Hills, MI 48326 Phone (248) 481-2108
- Canton/Plymouth: 11am - 7:45pm 39453 Ford Rd., Canton, MI 48187, Phone (734) 844-3190
- Macomb/Shelby Township: 11am - 7:45pm 45300 Hayes Rd., Macomb Twp., MI 48042, Phone (586) 566-2610
- Sterling Heights/Warren: 11am - 7:45pm 4400 E. 14 Mile Rd., Warren, MI 48092, Phone (586) 826-8300
- Waterford: 11am - 7:45pm 4945 Dixie Hwy., Waterford, MI 48329, Phone (248) 674-8990
Mobile Unit locations:
- Novi: 1:30 - 7pm 43525 West Oaks Dr. Novi, MI 48377, Phone (248) 481-2106
- Taylor: 1:30 - 7pm 7680 S. Telegraph Rd., Taylor, MI 48180 Phone (313) 295-1820
Those who donate during the blood drive will be given a $50 gift certificate good on purchases at Gardner-White. Also, each store is giving away a 51" TV in a drawing to participants.
To donate, you must be at least 17 years old, and weigh at least 110 pounds. You also need to pass physical and health history reviews prior to donating. There is no upper age limit to donate. Conditions that require a temporary deferral are pregnancy, travel to certain parts of the world, inoculations, some health conditions and certain medications.
Call 1-800-REDCROSS or visit www.redcross.org to get answers to specific eligibility questions you may have. Final eligibility is determined by medical professionals at the time of donation.
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.