The winning recipe for the Meijer Ultimate Grilling Showdown was submitted by Jeff Bahri of Sterling Heights.
Greek Turkey Burgers
1 (20 oz.) Package (1.25 lbs) Jennie-O Lean Ground Turkey
2 Tbsp. Meijer Olive Oil, divided
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 cup red onion, diced
1 cup fresh baby spinach, torn into bite size pieces
1 Tbsp. Gourmet Garden™ Chopped Fresh Oregano (in Produce section)
1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1 tsp. McCormick paprika
Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
1. Spray grill grates with non-stick cooking spray. Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat.
2. In a small pan heat 1 Tbsp. oil. Add onion and sauté’ 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté’ another 1 minute (until onion is tender).
3. Transfer onion mixture to a large bowl and allow to cool.
4. Add spinach, oregano, feta, and paprika and mix well.
5. Add ground turkey to mixture and drizzle with remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Combine all ingredients using a fork mixing until well blended.
6. Shape into 5 – 1” thick patties.
7. Grill 5 to 7 minutes each side until done (temperature reads 165 degrees using a meat thermometer).
Grilled Flat Bread:
1 (12 oz.) pkg. Kontos Pan Plano Flatbread