1 tablespoon Meijer olive oil - NuVal Score 11
1 pound ground turkey or lean ground beef - NuVal Score 30
1/4 teaspoon McCormick ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon McCormick ground oregano
1/4 teaspoon McCormick ground tumeric
1/4 teaspoon McCormick ground basil
1 tablespoon McCormick chili powder
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Several tomatoes, depending on size, chopped - NuVal Score 96
1 can (15 ox.) reduced sodium red kidney beans - NuVal Score 82
2 cups brown rice, cooked - NuVal Score 82
1. Saute onions, green pepper and garlic in olive oil until soft.
2. Add ground meat and brown.
3 Combine spices together into a mixture, then add to ground meat.
4. Add red wine vinegar.
5. Add tomatoes and let simmer until tomatoes cook down.
6. Add kidney beans and cook for a few more minutes.
7. If desired, serve over white or brown rice. Garnish with grated cheddar cheese, onions and light sour cream.
Nutrition information (per serving without rice or garnishes) Calories486, total Fat 11g, Saturated Fat 2.5g, Cholesterol 60mg. Sodium 222 mg, Carbohydrates 63g, fiber 10g, Protein 30g.