Super Bowl game day quiche bites
Tortilla chips are filled with cheese and tasty additions
Individual quiches take no time at all when you use Meijer Healthy Living Advisor Tina Miller's recipe with tortilla chip scoops.
Makes: 32 bites
32 TOSTITOS® SCOOPS!® Tortilla Chips
1/4 cup Meijer 2% reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup Meijer shredded Parmesan or Italian Blend cheese
2 Tbsp. Meijer real bacon bits
1/4 cup red onion, minced
2 tablespoons Meijer low-fat plain Greek yogurt
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper or paprika
1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, minced and divided
6 grape tomatoes, sliced thinly
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a small baking pan, arrange TOSTITOS® SCOOPS!® Tortilla Chips facing up, set aside. Combine cheeses in small bowl and set aside.
3. In a small pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, cook 2 tablespoons minced red onion. Remove from heat.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together egg, yogurt, salt and cayenne until well combined. Stir 2/3 of the cheese mixture. Add bacon, onion and 1 teaspoon of the parsley and stir until combined.
5. To each TOSTITOS® SCOOPS!® Tortilla Chips, add approximately 1 teaspoon of egg mixture, about 2/3 full. Top with additional shredded cheese, tomato slice, minced onion and parsley.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until egg is slightly firm.
7. Transfer to serving plate and enjoy immediately.
Recipe adapted from Frito Lay®, www.fritolay.com