1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Drizzle the squash halves with a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place skin-side up on the prepared baking sheet and tightly cover with a second piece of aluminum foil. Bake in preheated oven for 45-60 minutes, until tender. (Alternately, microwave squash on high 12-14 minutes, until tender, rotating every 4-5 minutes)
2. Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and brown onions and apples, cooking until crisp tender. Add diced sausage and heat through. Stir in the cranberries, pecans, and thyme.
3. In a large bowl, toss to combine the cooked rice and sausage mixtures.
4. In a small bowl mix orange juice and maple syrup. Pour over the rice and sausage mixture and toss to incorporate. Season to taste with salt and pepper, cinnamon, and cloves and mix well.
5. Once the squash have cooked, turn them over on the baking sheet. Fill each squash with 1/4 of the filling. Return to the oven, uncovered, for 15 minutes to lightly brown. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories 395, Fat 8g, Saturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 398 mg, Carbohydrate 62g, Fiber 9g, Protein 20g.