1. Combine chilies, brown sugar and lime juice in a large bowl.
2. Season pork cubes with salt and pepper; add to chili mixture and toss to coat. Allow to marinate 3-4 hours.
3. Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat to medium (350 degrees).
4. On each of 4 skewers, alternately thread bell pepper, onion and pork.
5. Place skewers on grill and grill about 6-8 minutes per side.
6. Remove from grill and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories 230, Fat 6g, Cholesterol 83mg, Sodium 100mg, Carbohydrate 13g, Fiber 1.5g, Protein 30g.
White Bean Chicken Chili
Makes about 8 cups
2 cups (about 1/2 pound) chicken breast cut in small chunks
1 Tbsp. Meijer olive oil
1 (48 oz.) jar white northern beans—do not drain
1 1/2 Tbsp. McCormick ground cumin
1 1/2 cups Salsa (mild, medium or hot depending on your preference)
2 cups Meijer shredded Monterey jack, Colby jack or cheddar cheese
1. In a large pot sauté chicken in olive oil until no longer pink. (Shortcut: Use shredded rotisserie chicken).
2. Add beans, cumin, and salsa and heat until bubbly.
3. Reduce heat to low and add cheese, stirring until melted.
Serving Suggestion: Scoop up chili with Meijer tortilla chips and reduced fat Meijer sour cream
Recipe source: Meijer, Easy Meals Healthy Families guidebook, 2013.
Game Day Greek Burgers