Three Bean Turkey Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced (1 cup)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced (1 cup)
- 2 carrots, diced (1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 pound lean ground turkey or extra-lean ground beef (90 percent lean)
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 4 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable stock or water
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce from the can of chipotles
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1. Heat the oil in large pot or Dutch oven over moderate heat. Add the onion, bell pepper and carrots, cover and cook, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes. Add the cumin and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
2. Add the ground turkey; raise the heat to high and cook, breaking up the meat with a spoon, until the meat is no longer pink.
3. Stir in the tomatoes, water, chipotle and adobo sauce, oregano and salt and pepper.
4. Simmer, partially covered, stirring from time to time, for 30 minutes. Stir in the beans and cook, partially covered, 20 minutes longer. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Cheesey Spinach Dip Recipe
This cheesy spinach dip recipe will be an incredible hit at any party. It is super easy and healthy. Serve this heart healthy spinach dip with veggies or whole grain crackers
· 8 oz fat free cream cheese, softened
· 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
· 10 oz fresh spinach or 10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained
· 1 can (15 oz) artichoke hearts, diced
· 2 garlic cloves, mashed
· Black pepper to taste
· 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, optional
· Preheat oven to 250°.
· In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, spinach and artichokes until well combined. Add garlic and pepper. Spread mixture evenly in small casserole dish or cast-iron skillet. Sprinkle with Parmesan, if using.
· Bake for 20 minutes. Turn broiler on high and broil under the top rack of broiler for 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Grilled Fruit with Crème Fresh Sauce