1) Wash apple, carrots and spinach
2) Cut carrots and apple into small chunks
3) Cut a ¼ inch think piece of the ginger root
4) Remove the skin of the ginger root
5) Put ginger, carrot and apple into blender and blend
6) Gradually add spinach
7) Place a fine mesh strainer over a large mixing bowl and pour juice over. Press down with a rubber spatula to speed things along.
8) Pour juice into a serving glass and enjoy immediately, or cover and chill.
This crisp and refreshing juice is packed with antioxidants, phytochemicals as well as dietary fiber. Dietary fiber not only is heart healthy, but it also helps to promote regular bowel movements and prevent constipation. The ginger root in this juice is very helpful in settling the stomach.
Lean, Green Machine
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 ripe banana
2 handfuls of spinach
1 tablespoon ground flax seed meal
2-4 ice cubes, as desired
Dash of cinnamon
1) Add almond milk to blender
2) Add in the ground flax meal
3) Next add in the spinach followed by the banana on top
4) Blend until smooth.
5) Add in ice cubes and blend some more
6) Pour juice into a serving glass and enjoy immediately, or cover and chill