6. Remove from oven, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and let stand 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
7. Garnish with grapefruit or orange slices if desired.
Recipe Source: The Fresh Chef, Amanda Leatherman, Grand Rapids Michigan
Serve with: Sautéed asparagus (toss asparagus spears with 1 Tbsp. olive oil and place on baking sheet. Season lightly with salt, McCormick garlic powder and McCormick lemon pepper; sauté in a large skillet over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes, until fork tender)
Lime Bars with Pistachio Crust
Makes: 16 Bars
4 Tbsp. (1/2 stick) Promise® margarine stick, melted
2/3 cup shelled pistachios
1 cup Meijer graham-cracker crumbs
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. grated lime zest
2 Meijer Omega-3 egg yolks (save whites for later use)
4 oz. Meijer reduced fat cream cheese, softened
1 can (14 ounces) Meijer sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp. Meijer Cornstarch
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bottom and sides of an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray (or line with parchment paper).
2. Finely chop or grind pistachios (using a food processor).
3. Add pistachios to a medium size mixing bowl and combine well with graham-cracker crumbs, sugar, and zest. Blend in butter.
4. Press mixture into bottom and 1 inch up sides of prepared pan. Bake until lightly browned, 8 to 12 minutes. Cool crust, 30 minutes.
5. Prepare filling: In a large bowl, beat together egg yolks and cream cheese until smooth. Add condensed milk, mix well. Mix cornstarch with lime juice and add to filling ingredients; beat until smooth. Pour filling into cooled crust. Note: If desired, add a few drops of green food coloring to color filling.