Coffee -- and caffeine, in general -- has many health benefits for older adults. The American Medical Association and other experts stress that moderation is important: Three cups a day is fine, but 10 cups is too much. Make sure the rest of your diet is healthy, as well. Eat nutritious meals, and for weight control, consume only as many calories a day as you burn in activity. If you drink alcohol, do so in moderation. That means no more than one drink a day for anyone 65 or older.
Most Popular on ClickOnDetroit
- Red Wings, Bruins play Game 2 today on Local 4
- Report: Mark Fields expected as next Ford CEO
- 4 metro Detroit schools make national 'best' list
- 3 lives cut short by crash in Detroit
- Mom found dead in Detroit home, baby rushed to hospital
- DTE: 5,000 customers still without power