Coffee -- and caffeine, in general -- has many health benefits for older adults. The American Medical Association and other experts stress that moderation is important: Three cups a day is fine, but 10 cups is too much. Make sure the rest of your diet is healthy, as well. Eat nutritious meals, and for weight control, consume only as many calories a day as you burn in activity. If you drink alcohol, do so in moderation. That means no more than one drink a day for anyone 65 or older.
Most Popular on ClickOnDetroit
- Police: 1 killed in shootout between homeowner, invaders
- DTE: 5,000 customers still without power
- 2 bodies found in search for missing fishermen in Lake Erie
- Train conductor ruins teen's selfie with kick
- Woman, 2-year-old child hospitalized after serious accident
- Baby argues with dad using no words