Hundreds of area residents are expected to participate in the annual Health and Wellness Fair in Romulus Tuesday, organizers said.
The fair will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. the Romulus Senior Center at 36525 Bibbins.
The event targets senior citizens, but is open to people of all ages from Romulus and other communities, said Senior Center Director Rose Swidan.
The day will feature resources and information from a variety of vendors. There will be blood-pressure checks, blood-sugar screenings and flu shots. Many of the offerings are free. There will be raffles and prizes.
To date, representatives of 17 vendors are scheduled to attend, including:
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Michigan
- HAP/Health Alliance Plan of Michigan
- The Senior Alliance (TSA), which will promote healthy-eating habits in the "Better Choices for Your Health Program
- United Home Health, which will provide an AARP Medicare Plan Advisor on hand to answer questions and discuss concerns regarding Medicare
- Beltone Hearing Care Center of Downriver, which will discuss hearing aid products
- Marquise Mobility Health Care Equipment
- Tender Care nursing home
Also present will be home health care agencies, many of which offer information on the following assisted living services:
- Sterling Home Health Care
- Regency Health Care Center
- Michigan Home Health Care
- Health Quest of Taylor
- Embrace Home Care
- Visiting Angels Home Health Care