The Earth Day Fest returns to downtown Rochester this weekend following a three-year hiatus.
There will be plenty of exhibits featuring green and healthy living, programs, entertainment, food and family fun starting Friday from 4 to 8 p.m. Saturday hours are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday from 10 am. to 4 p.m. at Third and Water Streets.
- Kickoff & Awards Ceremony, 7-8 p.m. Friday - 3rd annual MI Green Hall of Fame and My Green Schools Art Contest award winners
- Parade & Pep Rally, 11 a.m.- noon Saturday
- Local Music Talent Showcase, 6 p.m. Saturday. (emceed by local singer/actress Jennifer Kincer)
- Exhibits: Innovative, eco-friendly and healthy products and services on display in the areas of food, energy, transportation, clothing, home, kids, garden, finances, art and more
- Presentations: International climate change expert Peter Sinclair, County Water Resources Commissioner Jim Nash, beekeeper Rich Wieske and other thought-provoking presentations all weekend
- Wellness Programs: Weight loss advice from best-selling author Dr. Kerrie Saunders, DMC cardiologist Dr. Joel Kahn, green juicing educator Anca Iordachianu and others, plus free massage, yoga and health screenings
- Kids' Corner: Crafts, climbing tower, straw bale climb, Radio Disney performance and a full schedule of kids' activities
- Community Building: Interactive presentations, Connections Cafe roundtables, local talent entertainment, awards for green leaders and kids' art contest
- Music, food, samples, tours, prizes and more!
For maps/directions, program schedules, lists of participants and to register or sponsor, visit miEDF.org.