Top 10 things to do during Final Four weekend in Atlanta
Published On: Apr 02 2013 03:12:35 PM EDT Updated On: Apr 02 2013 04:59:04 PM EDT
Top 10 things to do during Final Four weekend in Atlanta.
Atlanta is home to the Braves, chicken biscuits, Coca-Cola and the 2013 NCAA Final Four Tournament.
- Visit the world’s largest aquarium, the Georgia Aquarium. The aquarium is the only facility in the United Sates where you can marvel at whale sharks, the gentle giants of the ocean.
- Visit the World of Coca-Cola, home of the 126-year-old secret formula to iconic drink. Sample 60 Coca-Cola drinks from around the world and get a glimpse at the history behind the popular Southern drink.
- Rock on at the NCAA Big Dance Concert Series, which includes performances by Dave Matthews Band, Sting and Grace Potter and the Nocturnals.
- Eat at The Varsity – the world’s largest drive-in restaurant, an Atlanta institution since 1928. "What’ll ya have?"
- Visit Centennial Park and bask in the Georgia sun by the fountain. The park 21-acre park was build to celebrate the 1996 summer Olympics held in Atlanta.
- Take your family to visit Bracket Town, the ultimate Final Four fan fest at the Georgia World Congress Center, where you can meet basketball legends.
- Visit the CNN center and world headquarters. The newsrooms and studios for several of CNN's news channels are located in the building that is open to the public.
- Watch the student athletes of the Final Four teams at one of their last practices before the semifinal games at Reese’s Final Four Friday.
- Take your kids to dribble their way through the Georgia Dome and World Congress Center in the Final Four Dribble.
- Had enough of basketball? Check out an Atlanta Braves game as they take on the Chicago Cubs at Turner Field this weekend.