Chrysler says its sales last month rose 4 percent from a year ago for the company's best February since 2008.
The automaker says it sold just over 139,000 cars and trucks last month.
The Dodge, Ram Truck and FIAT brands each posted year-over-year sales gains in February compared with the same month last year. The Dodge brand’s 30 percent increase was the largest sales gain of any Chrysler Group brand in February.
The increase is a sign that U.S. auto sales remain strong even in an uneven economy. Industry analysts expect an overall increase of 7 percent when automakers report results on Friday.
Chrysler sales were led by the Dodge Avenger midsize sedan with a 52 percent increase. Ram pickup sales were up 3 percent for the best February since 2007.
But Chrysler's torrid pace of growth is starting to slow. In 2012, the company's U.S. sales rose 21 percent.
Highlights from Chrysler Group's February 2013 sales report:
- Best February sales since 2008
- 35th-consecutive month of year-over-year sales gains
- Dodge, Ram Truck, and FIAT brands each post sales increases in February compared with same month a year ago
- Dodge brand sales increase 30 percent; best February sales since 2007 and largest year-over-year percentage increase of any Chrysler Group brand
- Dodge Dart sales increase 8 percent month over month; best sales month since June launch last year
- Dodge Dart, Ram 1500, Fiat 500 Abarth, and SRT Viper each earn a MotorWeek Drivers’ Choice Award in February
- Dodge Challenger muscle car sets all-time sales record; sales up 34 percent in February
- Dodge Avenger mid-size sedan sets sales record for month of February with 52 percent sales gain
- Dodge Journey full-size crossover sets sales record for month of February; sales up 21 percent
- Dodge Durango sales up 38 percent; best February sales since 2006
- Ram pickup truck sales up 3 percent; best February sales since 2007
- New 2014 Ram ProMaster full-size van debuts at Chicago Auto Show with best-in-class features focused on the commercial customer
- Ram Truck brand to build industry’s only light-duty diesel pickup beginning in the third quarter
- Ram Truck brand is the most-improved brand in the J.D. Power and Associates 2013 U.S. Vehicle Dependability Study
- Fiat 500 sets sales record for month of February with 2 percent sales gain
- Chrysler 200 mid-size sedan sets sales record for the month of February with 18 percent increase
- Jeep® brand unveils the 2014 Jeep Cherokee, its all-new mid-size sport-utility vehicle
- Jeep Patriot compact SUV sets sales record for month of February with 24 percent sales gain
- Jeep Wrangler sets sales record for month of February; sales up 8 percent
- Jeep Compass sales up 36 percent; best February sales since 2007