Figure 2- Wolfgang Puck salt and pepper mills $9.98
Figure 3- Rachel Ray Appetizer caddy 5 pc set $9.91
Figure 4- Aromatique 4 pack scented candles $19.98, great idea for teachers gifts. Comes with individual decorative boxes.
That is pretty much where the “Calm before the storm” ended! Once we reached The Twelve Oaks mall we realized where everyone in the world was. Parking was intimidating! After many times circling the parking lot waiting for a spot to open we finally found a spot! Just as I waited for the spot to clear, and began to reverse into the spot, I saw another car whip around the corner and try to fly into “My” spot! Not taking that for a second I continued my action to take my spot! With the universal sign of the middle finger gestured toward me, and I’m sure some choice words following, the car sped around me! It was my spot dang it!!! Tis’ the season!
Nordstrom was our first order of business, and first thing first was to eat lunch! I think we scored in a big way here too! We were just in time to beat the lunch rush at 11:45. We enjoyed a delicious meal of lobster bisque soup and chicken club sandwich. Food was excellent, service was attentive and quick, we were back to shopping affectively in no time!
In conclusion these are my tips for success for Black Thursday/Friday shopping!
· When waiting in line at the box stores dress warm! Coats, hats, gloves.
· Bring an umbrella! We didn’t and we wish we had. Being cold is one thing… cold and wet is another!
· Bring a reusable bag or two. Lots of times there are not carts left by the time you get to the front of the line. Also it makes it a lot more comfortable and easy to shop with carrying bags over shoulders then in your hands. We bought these at TJ Maxx for $0.99.
· Hire a driver. Everyone knows a teenager looking to make a couple extra dollars. It’s worth paying someone to drive to avoid the parking drama and to have a place to dump your package throughout the day!
· Shop in teams. For safety, especially in the nighttime hours, and to help avoid time in lines!
· Pack a cooler. You will be happy to have a snack and a cold drink at some point in your journey, trust me!
As a black novice Black Friday shopper, I sit here now sipping my warm tea, while wearing my comfy sweat pants in the midst of Cyber Monday. As I’m enjoying the Internet deals and free shipping I ask myself… will I ever do Black Friday again?
By Sarah Starrs