DETROIT - Two children were pulled from a house that was possibly firebombed early Wednesday morning on Detroit's east side.
Detroit Fire Chief Robert Zygmontowicz said when firefighters arrived at the scene in the 800 block of Navahoe Street, a 3-month-old boy had already been rescued from the fire but suffered burns.
Firefighters went into the house and were able to rescue a 6-year-old boy through a window. They had to do CPR on him to revive him and ended up rushing him to Children's Hospital where he is in critical condition.
Zygmontowicz said EMS was en route but they firefighters decided to take the boy to the hospital themselves because of the situation.
A woman in her 20s also was rescued from the home and taken to Detroit Receiving Hospital where she is in critical condition.
Lea Wilson lived in that home and said everyone is grateful for Zygmontowicz's bravery and the firefighters who helped.
"He was very quick on his toes. He didn't worry about not having protective gear on. He just ran to save the child," Wilson said. "He immediately jumped into action and I'm so grateful that he did."
The fire is being called arson. However, it's unclear if a firebomb is to blame.
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.