PONTIAC, Mich. - A 5-year-old Pontiac girl is in stable condition after she was hit by a car while crossing Huron Street.
The girl was hit just after 5:00 p.m. Wednesday while crossing the road with her uncle, near Telegraph Road and Osceola Drive in Pontiac.
Police say a car travelling westbound on Huron struck the girl who then suffered a compound break to her right leg.
The child's uncle told police he attempted to pull her away from traffic before she was struck.
The pair crossed the road at a non-crosswalk; police say one was less than 200 feet away from where the girl was hit.
The girl was transported to Royal Oak Beaumont where she is still listed in critical but stable condition.
The driver of the car was uninjured and police say alcohol does not appear to be a factor in this crash, which remains under investigation.
- Former Texas justice of peace charged with murder
- UM President Mary Sue Coleman to retire July 2014
- W. Bloomfield grandma gets 20-40 years for killing grandson
- Suspicious package found near Wayne State not explosive
- Tornado watch canceled for SE Michigan
- Lawrence Frank fired as Pistons head coach
- Police: UP teen abused, confined in room 4 years
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.