AAA Michigan: Gas prices rise about 3 cents in past week
Statewide average $3.80 a gallon
AAA Michigan says gasoline prices have risen about 3 cents during the past week to a statewide average of about $3.80 per gallon.
The auto club says Monday the average is about 17 cents per gallon less than last year at this time.
Of the cities it surveys, AAA Michigan says the cheapest price for self-serve unleaded fuel is in the Flint area, where it's about $3.73 a gallon. The highest average is in the Lansing area at about $3.84.
Dearborn-based AAA Michigan surveys 2,800 Michigan gas stations daily.
- Economic recovery a blow to repo men
- 5 simple tips to save at gas pump
- The resource problem you may not know
- 5 vital money lessons to teach your kids
- Rough roads: Report gives Michigan 'D' for infrastructure
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.