If you are traveling to downtown Detroit on Wednesday, Nov. 23 and for America’s Thanksgiving Parade on Thursday, Nov. 24 note the following road closures.
Woodward Avenue will have one lane going northbound and one lane going southbound from Warren to Mack/Myrtle from noon to 8 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 23. This section of Woodward will be closed completely from Wednesday, Nov. 23 at 8 p.m. through Thursday, Nov. 24 at 2 p.m.
In addition, Woodward Avenue from Mack/Myrtle to Jefferson will be shut down at 8 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 23 except for patrons frequenting the Fox Theater and parade personnel.
The following streets will have limited access beginning at noon on Wednesday, November 23.
• Garfield from Woodward to John R
• Canfield from Cass to John R
• Willis from Cass to John R
• Alexandrine from Cass to John R
• Selden from Woodward to Cass
• Parsons from Woodward to Cass
• Davenport from Woodward to Cass
• MLK/Mack from Cass to John R
The following streets will be closed beginning at 6 a.m. on Nov. 24 for the Turkey Trot:
• Fort Street from Shelby to Woodward
• Congress from Shelby to Randolph
• Larned from Shelby to Randolph
• Shelby from Fort to Jefferson
• Michigan from Vernor to Woodward
• Monroe from Woodward to Randolph
• Lafayette Blvd. from Washington Blvd. to Griswold
• Washington from Adams to Civic center
• Atwater from Bates to Third
• Rosa Parks from Michigan to Howard
In addition, motorists should be aware of the following:
• Southbound Lodge Freeway exit to Larned will be closed from 7 – 9:30 a.m.
• Shelby will be converted to one way southbound from Michigan to Larned.
Michigan Avenue and Washington Blvd. will reopen after the Turkey Trot at approximately