Authorities say six horses are dead following a barn fire in the Flint area.
WEYI-TV reports crews responded about 4 a.m. Wednesday to the Midnite Sun Training Center in Burton to find the barn engulfed in flames.
Deputy fire Chief Ken Gould says five horses died. The station says one more later was confirmed dead. The barn usually holds a dozen horses.
The cause of the fire about 50 miles northwest of Detroit is under investigation.
Read more News Headlines from across Michigan:
- Michigan fraternity suspended over semi-nude photos
- Bottle fraud in Michigan may face harsher penalties
- Bodies of 3 children found during fire in Kalamazoo
- If Hell freezes over then eat free chili
- Authorities: 1 dead after Flint-area house fire
- Coast Guard rescues 2 from ice floe in Saginaw Bay
- Mount Pleasant, CMU area hit by string of robberies
- Green Oak Twp. break-in suspect shot, killed by police