Authorities ID hunter likely asphyxiated by fumes
Richard DeBoer of Zeeland was found dead Thursday morning
Authorities have released the name of a hunter who apparently was asphyxiated by fumes from a propane heater he was using to heat his van in West Michigan.
The Mason County sheriff's department says 54-year-old Richard DeBoer of Zeeland was found dead Thursday morning, the first day of firearm deer hunting season in Michigan.
The hunting season runs through Nov. 30.
Authorities: Man, 69, dies in southwestern Michigan ATV rollover after going deer hunting
The Berrien County sheriff's department says Elmer Froehlich, who lived in Sodus Township, went hunting Thursday and crashed while apparently returning home. The sheriff's department was called to the scene of the rollover Friday morning by Froehlich's brother.
Froehlich was found pinned under the ATV in the driveway of his home. The death is under investigation.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.