Authorities: Man taken to hospital, expected to be OK after his 4-foot pet lizard bites him
Victim is from Lenox Township, treated and released from hospital
Authorities say a Michigan man has been taken to a hospital after being bitten by his 4-foot-long pet lizard.
The Macomb Daily of Mount Clemens reports emergency workers were called Sunday night to the home in Macomb County's Lenox Township, about 35 miles northeast of Detroit.
Lenox Township Fire Chief Dennis Fouchia says it's the first time he's encountered a reptile bite in his career.
The pet owner was expected to be treated and released. Additional details about the man and the circumstances surrounding the bite weren't released.
READ MORE: News headlines from Macomb County
- Fire sweeps through Warren strip mall
- Mt Clemens New Year's Eve fireworks in jeopardy
- Friends celebrate 94-year-old shoeshine man's retirement
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.