Authorities: Michigan woman bludgeoned relative with glass casserole dish, faces charges
Stacey J. Meyer accused of attacing 24-year-old in Kawkawlin Township home
A Michigan woman who authorities say bludgeoned a relative with a glass casserole dish during a dispute is facing a felony charge.
MLive.com reports 35-year-old Stacey J. Meyer attacked the 24-year-old woman in April at a Kawkawlin Township home with the 9-by-13-inch dish containing banana cake. The woman told authorities she was hit three times before the dish shattered.
The woman told police she has hearing loss afterward.
A message was left Thursday by The Associated Press with a lawyer listed in court records as representing Meyer.
Following an investigation, Bay County authorities issued an arrest warrant for Meyer in January. She's free on bond ahead of a March 12 hearing to determine whether there's enough evidence for trial. If convicted, she faces up to four years in prison.
Read more Michigan News headlines:
- Michigan man accused of stealing $6M from grocery chain
- Report: Indian casinos revenue up slightly in 2011
- Boy held after fire that killed 10 horses is freed
- Wisconsin man accused of firing at cars in Pittsfield Twp
- Trial: Michigan man denies claims of Haiti child sex abuse
- Thief forces Burger King window open, steals donations
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.