Authorities: Woman dead after house fire in St. Clair County; 3 other people escape uninjured
Woman's name not immediately released, cause of fire under investigation
The St. Clair County Sheriff's Office said Friday a woman had died in a house fire in Berlin Township.
Fire Chief Brian Phillips said crews were called to the home in the 900 block of Lathrop Road just after 4 a.m.
Three people were able to get out uninjured, but the woman -- who is in her 60s -- didn't.
Her name wasn't immediately released.
Fire departments from Armada, Memphis, Mussey Township and Emmett Township were called for extra help.
The cause of the fire about 40 miles northeast of Detroit is under investigation.
Read more News headlines from across Michigan:
- Man, 46, dies after being hit by SUV in Monroe County
- Scholarship honors EMU student's life
- Ann Arbor cabbie charged after allegedly kissing passenger
- 25 Fowlerville students suspended for snack thefts
- A surprise gift could be a credit card scam
- Port Huron teen meets Bruno Mars on 'Ellen'
- Help Gleaners fight child hunger in metro Detroit
- Coast Guard: Unsafe ice conditions on Great Lakes
- Ann Arbor cab driver assaults against students prompt alert
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.