Finally, Moroccan efforts to resolve the dispute have been appreciated around the world. The Security Council has in several resolutions, 1754, 1783 and 1813, welcomed the "serious and credible Moroccan efforts to move the process forward towards resolution." These statements came after Morocco presented an autonomy plan for the Sahara within Moroccan sovereignty as a political solution to the conflict, to be adopted by a referendum. This reflects the strategic vision to maintain stability in the Grand Sahara and in the Sahel region and to enhance Maghreb integration.
- Suspended Wayne County judge faces commission hearing
- Detroit toddler found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- Who was Kid Rock referring to with lip-syncing comment?
- CMU has green light to design Saginaw medical campus
- 'Click It or Ticket' seat belt campaign kicks off
- Vacant home burns on French Road in Detroit
- Detroit police: 4 wounded in drive-by shooting
- Amber Alert: Police are looking for 3-year-old Detroit girl
- Detroit woman reportedly taken at gunpoint from home
- Eastern Market Flower Day draws crowds