The Doubletree hotel on Detroit's west side was evacuated for several hours today due to a suspicious package discovered by employees. Detroit police, fire and the bomb squad responded. The hotel, located on the Southfield service drive near Ford road was evacuated and blocked off. A member of the bomb squad determined that a box containing the suspicious item was an aerosol can. A guest ordered the spray can and had the package delivered to the hotel. The guest forgot leaving the package in the hotel lobby. The all clear was given allowing guests and workers to return to the hotel with business returning to normal.
Published On: Nov 10 2012 08:12:01 PM EST Updated On: Nov 10 2012 08:40:10 PM EST
- Open house Saturday for listings in Boston Edison
- Dialog Direct holding job fair Saturday
- Book launch party on Saturday for 8-year-old author
- Man in coma after being beaten outside downtown bar
- FBI goes door-to-door in Armada investigating teen's murder
- Weekend storms possible
- Poor hygiene thwarted underwear bomber
- Feds indict Detroit gang members
- Is Detroit's blight effort losing steam?
- US to evaluate Impala air bag performance