The Doubletree hotel on Detroit's west side was evacuated for several hours today due to a suspicious package discovered by employees. Detroit police, fire and the bomb squad responded. The hotel, located on the Southfield service drive near Ford road was evacuated and blocked off. A member of the bomb squad determined that a box containing the suspicious item was an aerosol can. A guest ordered the spray can and had the package delivered to the hotel. The guest forgot leaving the package in the hotel lobby. The all clear was given allowing guests and workers to return to the hotel with business returning to normal.
Published On: Nov 10 2012 08:12:01 PM EST Updated On: Nov 10 2012 08:40:10 PM EST
- Get ready for the weather rollercoaster!
- Belle Isle State Park: A timeline
- 13-year-old hospitalized after shock at school football game
- Gunman steals armored van in Troy
- Detroit police union reaches deal with city
- Paralyzed Michigan infant has enterovirus
- Gilbert testifies in Detroit bankruptcy trial
- Eminem's charity Carhartt hoodies sell out
- Detroit Zoo welcomes giraffe baby
- No bail for priest charged with child porn