Brother charged in fatal shooting of western Michigan couple more than 25 years later
Ryan Wyngarden stands accused of killing Gail, Rick Brink in their Ottawa County home
A western Michigan man has been charged in the fatal shooting of an Ottawa County couple more than 25 years ago.
Authorities say Ryan Wyngarden is the brother of one of the victims, Gail Brink. She and husband Rick Brink were killed at their Park Township home in November 1987.
The 50-year-old Wyngarden is expected to appear in court Monday. Police haven't disclosed why they finally settled on the Zeeland resident.
Park Township is near Lake Michigan, 35 miles southwest of Grand Rapids.
More News headlines from across Michigan:
- Pittsfield Twp. cigarette thief caught on camera
- 3-month-old found safe after abduction
- Statehood Day marks Michigan's 176th birthday
- 'Wikipedian' hired at Ford presidential library
- MSU upsets Ohio State, 59-56
- Man arrested after urinating on sheriff's building
- 2 War of 1812 battles to be commemorated in Monroe
- New agency to help Mich. veterans seek benefits
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.