Authorities in southern Michigan are trying to figure out who dumped the carcasses of a goat and a malnourished horse in a field.
WWMT-TV reports Michigan State Police this week are investigating the find in Branch County's Coldwater Township as a case of possible animal cruelty.
Someone walking dogs found the carcasses and the property owner contacted authorities. Police are seeking tips from the public.
More Michigan News headlines:
- Report: LG Chem wasted $150 million grant for battery cells
- High school graduation rates up for Michigan students
- Great Lakes shipping industry rebounds
- 25 Fowlerville students suspended for snack thefts
- A surprise gift could be a credit card scam
- Ad blasts Snyder's plan to hike car registration, gas tax
- Hacker warns of zombies on 2 Mich. TV broadcasts
- Bedbugs in book bindings closes Michigan library