Coast Guard searching for father, daughter missing while kayaking near Sandusky, Ohio
Abandoned kayaks belonging to Ohio man, 12-year-old daughter found on shoreline of Sandusky Bay
The Coast Guard is searching for a father and daughter who are missing after kayaking near Sandusky, Ohio.
The 30-year-old father, Jonathan Francis, and 12-year-old daughter Viola, were last seen around 3 p.m. Saturday.
The Coast Guard says the two were not wearing life jackets when they set out together on the southern shore of Sandusky Bay.
Sunday, crews searching the shoreline found the pair's kayaks abandoned with lake debris inside of them.
A set of croc shoes were found on shore and the family confirmed they belonged to the missing father.
The Coast Guard is still searching by air and water to find the pair.
- igers beat Yankees 8-4
- Driver shot, loses control, hits bystander
- USDA says Mich. drops to 9th in honey production
- Hospital gown improves patients' lives
- Fans roar into Detroit for Tigers Opening Day
- Ex-CMU student pleads guilty in poisoning case
- 2 bottle bombs go off in Grosse Pointe Woods