A man charged with killing his girlfriend in a Farmington home has been ordered to undergo a competency and criminal responsibility evaluation.
William Michael Dhondt, of Novi, is facing a first-degree murder charge in the death of 29-year-old Kaitlin Hehir.
She was found dead Feb. 23 in her home on Colchester.
Police said Dhondt initially reported her missing before tell them he had killed her after an argument turned violent.
Her body had been dismembered.
Dhondt's next court date is in May.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Troy police: Thieves tote tot to rob elderly couple
- Royal Oak: We don't discriminate
- Oakland County among busiest commuter traffic counties
- Does Pontiac EFM prove system works?
- Sheriff: Panhandler shot dead by Pontiac business owner
- Deputies investigate weekend break-ins in Rochester Hills
- Military vet fights back against would-be robber
- Southfield police shoot suspected home invaders