A car wash in the winter? Look out for ice.
The Michigan appeals court has ruled in favor of a Pontiac car wash in a lawsuit by a customer who fell when he got out of his car to adjust the mirrors.
Eugene Rogers blamed Ultimate Auto Wash for the black ice. He says he was "violently thrown to the ground" without warning when he stepped out of his vehicle after it was washed.
But the appeals court says Rogers could have driven a short distance and adjusted his mirrors or simply rolled down the windows and stayed in the car.
The court says anyone with "ordinary intelligence" would know that water running off vehicles at a car wash would likely form ice.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Mistaken identity at Pontiac McDonald's lands man in jail
- Madison Heights police: Men beaten with bats at car wash
- Woman dies after being pulled from fire in Royal Oak
- Sex offender arrested in Pontiac
- Rod Meloni: Hunting for a hero
- Man gets life in prison for Royal Oak woman's murder
- 'The Donald' to speak in Oakland County
- Novi issues partial boil water notice
- 2 arrested for robbing couple at Madison Heights hotel