A $1,000 reward is being offered for information that helps solve a hit-and-run death in Detroit.
Crime Stoppers said Richard Woods was killed Oct. 26, 2012, when he was hit while crossing Joy Road at Mackinaw Street, which is on the city’s west side.
The incident happened just after 3 a.m.
The driver that hit Woods didn’t stop.
If a tip that leads to an arrest is received by midnight Thursday, an additional $1,000 will be added to the reward.
Anonymous tips can be submitted through Crime Stoppers at 800-SPEAKUP.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Men posing as cops shoot 12-year-old, kill woman
- No charges for Detroit coach who shot, killed teen
- Detroit, new nonprofit partner to fight blight
- Police: 5 in custody following standoff in Detroit
- Detroit apartment tenants without heat, told to move
- Bing delivers upbeat State of City despite uncertain future
- NB I-75 reopens at 7 Mile after semi hits overpass
- Teens shot by worker charged with armed robbery
- Reward offered to catch church thieves