A Detroit man who police said confessed to killing his wife last week has been charged with murder.
Anthony Eugene Stanford, 46, stands charged with shooting his wife, 36-year-old Lori Ann, in their home in the 3900 block of Bedford Street.
Police said the couple's three sons, ages 9 - 15, were in the home at the time of the shooting but didn't witness it.
He was arraigned Monday on the murder charge and a felony firearm charge. He'll stay in the Wayne County Jail.
Karen Hunt, Stanford's oldest daughter, said the charges against him are hard to believe.
"We're trying to deal with it as best as we can. We didn't expect it," said Hunt.
Lori's three boys are with family. Their sister told Local 4 she's doing everything she can to hold the family together.
"I'm trying to hang in there. It's tough. I have my moments, but I'm having to be strong for everyone else," said Hunt. "Lori was a very out going lady. She was an evangelist. She was very well known."
Police said they don't have a record of any domestic violence at the couple's home.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Pure Michigan Hunt application period under way
- What not to feed your kids
- Man robs Lenox Township 7-Eleven with crowbar
- Pontiac woman beaten by 2 men in her home
- General Motors February US sales up 7%
- Man calls 911 repeatedly for cheeseburger
- Roseville police: Suspect robbed store with BB gun
- Chrysler US sales up 4% in February