Detroit police said a 72-year-old woman was killed Wednesday night when her son accidentally ran her over.
The incident happened in a driveway on Glenfield Avenue, which is on the city's east side near Gunston and Gratiot.
The woman was rushed to a hospital, but pronounced dead.
More Local News headlines:
- DEA raids medical facility in Hamtramck
- Detroit mayor wants to help you pay back city taxes
- Dan Gilbert company to get majority interest in Greektown
- Competency exam ordered for Detroit mom charged with murder
- Michigan man arrested in real estate fraud scheme
- Charges could come in stolen Detroit casket case