Troy police said a 37-year-old woman who is charged with shoplifting from a Neiman Marcus at Somerset Collection told them she was doing it so she could re-sell the merchandise on the street.
Sharron Janine Howard-Wedlow, of Detroit, was arrested Saturday when loss prevention officers said they saw her take six Burberry shirts, a True Religion brand hat and a Gucci bag -- valued at $2,465.
Police said Howard-Wedlow had two children with her at the time of the alleged crime who were turned over to family members.
In addition to being charged with retail fraud, Howard-Wedlow was also charged with possession of marijuana after police said they found the drug in her purse.
Police said Howard-Wedlow also has three outstanding warrants out for her arrest through other police departments.
Her bail was set at $20,000.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Woman, firefighter hurt in Pontiac house fire
- Woman killed in Southfield apartment fire
- Coupon giant Entertainment reopens during bankruptcy
- Own piece of downtown Rochester
- Consumers Energy turns in report on Royal Oak explosion
- 'Superdrunk' mom arrested with 9-year-old in car
- Woman in critical condition after being hit by van
- Missing South Lyon man found safe
- Group met by counter-protesters