The victim told police a woman approached her and claimed to have found two bank bags.
The woman asked the victim to be a witness while she contacted the owner.
The suspect made a phone call and spoke with a man who said he owned of the bags.
The woman told the victim there was a large amount of money in the bags, and the owner wanted to give them a reward for finding it.
The owner requested they pay $7,000 in taxes for the money. The victim drove the woman to her bank and the suspect fled with the money after it was withdrawn.
Any one with information that may help identifying the suspect is asked to call Shelby Township police at 586-731-2121 extension 311.
- Snyder: EFM decision for Detroit may come next week
- Stormtrooper arrested?
- Thank you! Donations pour in for Victory
- 'LivesOn' app will tweet for you after death
- IRS raids home of former Wayne Co. commissioner
- Some Detroit union workers to have pay cut, furlough days
- Maxim's 'Hottest Women of Instagram' has Mich. tie
- Michigan Senate passes change in school worker sex laws
- Wrong-way driver blamed for Livonia crash