Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke to speak, answer questions at University of Michigan
Bernanke event is Monday at Rackham Auditorium in Ann Arbor
Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke is scheduled to speak and answer audience and online questions at the University of Michigan.
The school says Bernanke will speak at a 4 p.m. Monday at the Ann Arbor school's Rackham Auditorium. He and Ford School of Public Policy Dean Susan Collins will discuss monetary policy, recovery from the global financial crisis and long-term challenges facing the American economy.
It's sponsored by the Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy.
The university says Bernanke will take questions from the audience and from Twitter.
Bernanke started his second term as Fed chairman two years ago.
More Local News headlines:
- Ann Arbor man injured in Florida plane crash
- U of M student reports sexual assault on campus
- Husband arrested for wife's death in Pittsfield Twp.
- Washtenaw County K-9 deputy dies
- Families homeless, but uninjured after Ypsilanti Twp. fire
- No. 2 Michigan rolls past Iowa 95-67
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.