A house fire in Rochester Hills Wednesday morning has claimed the life of a family dog.
Firefighters at the scene in the 600 block of Lockmoore Court said a neighbor alerted them to the fire just after 9 a.m.
The homeowner had already left for the day and no one else was hurt. But the dog wasn't able to be saved.
The house was extensively damaged.
The cause of the fire has not yet been released.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Detroit police: CO poisoning suspected in man's death
- Funeral arrangements set for Wayne State football player
- Warming centers packed in Detroit
- Firefighters battle flames, freezing temps in Highland Park
- Detroit-area man to be sentenced in laser case
- Police: 3 rob gas station in Redford at gunpoint
- Mother of 4 needs help fixing roof
- Journalist sues after Detroit Metro strip-search
- Gunmen robs elderly couple