The Flint school district has agreed to pay $600,000 to a teacher who said she was coerced into a sexual relationship with a principal.
The teacher's lawyer, Glen Lenhoff, says the district accepted the recommendation of a mediation panel Thursday and won't take the case to trial in Genesee County.
Kelly Caudell was a teacher at Flint Northwestern High School when she had a sexual relationship with principal Fred White. Lenhoff says his client felt coerced because she was new to the school in 2008 and White was her boss.
Caudell says White continued to pursue her even after she became married. The principal denied any harassment and claimed the relationship was voluntary.
The Flint school district says it's pleased the case is resolved. White retired in 2011.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Big bucks available for high school teams
- Michigan Senate passes change in school worker sex laws
- Police in West Michigan on lookout for stolen porn
- Couple caught on camera stealing donations arrested
- Governor to speak about Detroit review team's report
- Police: UP man found dead outside burned vehicle
- Michigan governor issues executive orders for mental health