Former Michigan lottery winner Amanda Clayton found dead
Police believe death was from overdose
Former Michigan lottery winner Amanda Clayton was found dead early Saturday morning at a friend's house in Ecorse.
Police believe she died from an overdose. Reports are saying it was from prescription medication.
Clayton, from Lincoln Park, first made headlines when she won a $1 million jackpot on the game show "Make Me Rich" last September.
She was charged with welfare fraud and sentenced to probation in July.
Local 4 Defenders revealed fraud in March
The case came to light when Local 4's Karen Drew confronted Clayton.
"I thought that they would cut me off, but since they didn't, I thought maybe it was okay because I'm not working," Clayton told Local 4.
Full investigation: Lottery winner still using Bridge card
Gov. Rick Snyder signed a law in April that requires lottery officials to tell the Department of Human Services about new winners.
Read: Michigan lottery winner waives key hearing in criminal case
Read: Michigan lottery winner charged with welfare fraud
Read: Michigan lottery winner loses state food assistance