GOP group: Agema should resign for Facebook post
Michigan Republicans calling on state Republican national committeeman to resign after posting article critical of gays
Twenty-one Michigan Republicans are calling on a state Republican national committeeman to resign after he posted part of an article critical of gay people on his Facebook page.
Grand Traverse County Republican precinct delegate Dennis Lennox is leading the group and calls the piece Dave Agema posted Wednesday "deplorable" and "indefensible." Among the statements in the article is that gay people "account for half the murders in large cities."
The group calling for his resignation includes leaders of Republican college groups and precinct delegates.
Agema also served as a state representative from 2007-2012. The Associated Press left messages for Agema on Thursday seeking comment.
Michigan Republican Chairman Bobby Schostak says he has "no point of view at all" on Agema's resignation, saying it's "between Dave and his family and himself."
- Eyeballs found in trash at gas station
- Firefighter hurt battling pool supply store
- Teen cellphone ban while driving starts Thursday
- Sharpton in Detroit Thursday to join lawsuit against EFM
- Protesters rally in Detroit against right-to-work
- Spivey arrested, charged with assault
- Construction begins on Detroit's Whitney Building